It’s a clear and printable thermoplastic that has a relatively high melting point, exceptional strength and toughness, and good oxygen barrier properties. It is also scratch, puncture, and flex-crack resistant and does not dissolve/ absorb grease, oil, or acidic food. These properties make PA ideal for use in conventional and microwave cooking applications.
Nylon is ideal for cheese packaging because it has excellent oxygen barrier properties but is carbon dioxide (CO2) permeable, thus if CO2 is formed during storage it will not be trapped inside the package and, thus, does not balloon it.
Feature of nylon:
1. Excellent Mechanical Properties Including Strength, Puncture Resistance, Impact Resistance
2. High Gas/Odor Barrier
3. Wide End-Use Temperature Range (-60~150°C)
4. Good Printability and Processibility
5. Excellent Chemical Resistance
Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is a high-performance, crystal clear thermoplastic made from ethylene glycoland dimethyl terephthalate (DMT). It is the ideal film for quality printing and lamination and a good choice for a high-performance plastic films and sheets. It has a relatively high melting point, which makes it suitable for applications that require sterilization at high temperatures.
Feature of PET:
1. Higher tensile strength
2. Excellent dimensional stability,
3. low moisture absorption
4. Good retention of physical properties over a fairly wide temperature range
5. Excellent Chemical Resistance
6. Superior UV resistance
7. Excellent electrical properties
8. Good optical clarity
9. High gloss, and good gas barrier but only moderate moisture barrier properties.
BOPP stands for biaxially-oriented polypropylene. It’s an ideal printing surface and can be made into labels and stickers, as well as textiles and a host of different plastic parts and materials. BOPP shares the properties of other PP plastics, including ruggedness, fatigue resistance, moisture resistance, very low toxicity, flexible finishing options, as well a controllable transparency (manufacturers can make BOPP clear, opaque, or any translucency in between). Also, while they make long-lasting labels and stickers and easily printable, most off-the-shelf adhesives have trouble attaching themselves to the material. These qualities are perfect for long-lasting, food-safe labels and other common. It is a widely used process, more common than the tubular process, and a glossy, transparent film is produced.
FEATURE OF BOPP:
1. Exceptional tensile strength & durability
2. Increased toughness & stiffness
3. Enhanced clarity
4. Improved oil and grease resistance
5. Enhanced barrier properties to water vapor and oxygen
6. Impact resistance, low-temperature impact resistance
7. Flexcrack resistance are substantially modified
CPP films are transparent cast polypropylene films designed to offer high performance, great appearance and easy converting for flexible packaging and other applications.
It produced from a combination of various grades of PP polymer. CPP films are usually cheaper as the fixed investment is much lower than a BOPP line as the latter is biaxially oriented as compared to mono orientation of CPP films. Various constructions of CPP are available (multi layer options) which are used to cater to several applications in general packaging, as a sealant layer in conjunction with other plastic substrates for packaging of food products, twist wrap usage in candies, etc.
Feature of CPP:
1. High Clarity and Gloss
2. Higher seal strength
3. Good hot tack strength
4. Good anchoring of inks and adhesive to Treated Surface
5. Good machinability on
6. Resistance to grease and oil
7. Good resistance to tears & puncture 8. Good moisture barrier
9. Low static properties
Ultra low sealing temperature
Shrinkable Labels Films
The films are popping up in a variety of markets today, from the tamper evident band on a pharmaceutical to the brightly coloured graphics of a shrink label on Ragu sauce. Especially taking over the beverage industry. While shrink films are used for a variety of applications, shrink sleeves have proven to be the darling of
the industry. Shrink film can be divided into four categories: shrink sleeves, wrap-around labels, tamper evident bands, and shrink for multi-packs.
Shrink sleeves are admired for their potential for 360° graphics, and the ability to shrink to the contours of an unusually shaped bottle.
Also known as roll-on, shrink on, these labels are applied differently than shrink sleeves. Unlike sleeves, wrap-around labels come in roll form. The leading edge and trailing edge of the labels are glued with adhesive or welded together with the solvent, and heat is used to shrink the label.
Shrink for multi-packs
While shrink film used to group several items together is normally the dominion of wide web, narrow web converters can use shrink for smaller multi-packs.
Feature of Shrinkable label:
1. Get 360-degree branding
2. Perfect for uniquely shaped containers
3. Add a tamper-resistant seal 4. Shrink sleeve labels are durable
5. White / Matt / Transparent
PVC (Up to 60% shrinkage) - Air Cooled, Cast Film
(Up to 70% shrinkage)
Cling Films & POF
Clingfilm is a thin, clear, stretchy plastic that you use to cover food in order to keep it fresh. It helps in maintaining the authentic look and texture of the food that is being covered. Wrap All is compatible in high and low temperatures. Hence it can be used to store food in refrigerators and heat food in microwave oven without changing food content and quality.
FEATURE OF CLING FILMS / POF:
1. Wrap All keeps food, fruits and vegetables fresh & clean
2. Wrap All had Excellent transparency
3. Improves aesthetics of the product
4. Wrap All is flexible and just right to
wrap around any shape and size of plates
5. Food grade material 6.Excellent Stretch ratio
7. No Migration and hence does not attract dust nor deposition of the same
8. Excellent weatherability
Barrier Shrink Film
- Thickness: 30-80 mic
- Shrinkage: 35/35% at 90 oC OTR: 22 cc/m2/day
Hot Slip Shrink Film
- Thickness: 10-12.5-15-19-25 mic - Shinkage: 70/70% at 130oC
Hot Speed Shrink Film
- Thickness: 10-12.5-15-19-25 mic - Shinkage: 70/70% at 120oC
Standard POF Film
- Thickness: 10-12.5-15-19-25 mic - Shinkage: 70/70% at 130oC
Multilayer Films/ Barrier Films
The majority of today’s packaging films are multilayer structures ranging from three to 12 layers.
Multilayer films find many applications in the high-volume packaging industry including food and medical packaging. The combination of several polymer layers significantly increases shelf life by controlling the transmission rate of oxygen, carbon dioxide and moisture as well as the concentration of oxygen inside the package which is key in preserving the freshness of fresh produce for longer period of time.
The most common polymers utilized in the flexible packaging industry are polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), ethylene-vinyl alcohol (EVOH), polyamide (Nylon, PA), ionomers (EAA, EMAA), and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA).
- PA / PE
- PE / PA / PE
- PE / EVOH / PE
- PE / PA / EVOH / PA / PE - PA / EVOH / PA / PE
Water Cooled 8 Layers (50-250 microns)
- PA / PE (PP)
- PA / EVOH / PA / PE (PP)
Thick Sheet For Theromoforming
Thermoforming is the process of forming a heated plastic sheet to the surface of either a male or female mold. This is a single-sided plastic fabrication process. is a manufacturing process where a plastic sheet is heated to a pliable forming temperature, formed to a specific shape in a mold, and trimmed to create a usable product. The sheet, or “film” when referring to thinner gauges and certain material types, is heated in an oven to a high-enough temperature that permits it to be stretched into or onto a mold and cooled to a finished shape.
Feature of theromoforming:
1. Low tooling costs due to usually only needing one mould half
2. The quality of injection moulded products but faster
3. High speed suitable for JIT ( just-in-time) production strategy
4. Easier to make larger parts so a wider design scope
5. Process and materials optimised for cost-effectiveness
6. Weight-related cost savings
- PVC / PVDC
- PVC / PCTFE
- PVC / PVDC /PE
- PVC / EVOH / PE
- APET / EVOH / PE - PS / EVOH / PP(PE) - PS / EVOH / PE
- PVC - APET - PP - PS
Composite Film - PVC / PE
- PP / PE
BOPE film is a kind of high-performance film material which is made of polyethylene resin with special molecular structure as the raw material and flat film method biaxial stretching technology. After the BOPE film is stretched and formed, each performance has been greatly improved. It has advantages of heat sealing, tensile strength, impact strength and tear strength of polyethylene film, and at the same time has the characteristics of transparency, gloss, tensile strength and stiffness of polypropylene film. This feature reduces the amount of packaging material and enhances the strength of the bag.
Thickness: 25mic - 60mic
Feature of BOPE/CPE:
1. Excellent mechanical properties.
2. BOPE film has higher tensile strength and better impact strength than PE film.
3. BOPE is more transparent than PE film and has a higher gloss.
4. BOPE film can replace PE film, thickness is reduced by 50%, cost is reduced.
Pet Food Packaging
Heavy Duty Bags
Other Film Solutions
Semi Finished Films (Laminated / Printed)
Breathable Films (Electrical & Construction))
Bags & Preformed Pouches
LLDPE Stretch Wrap