Cellophane, a thin film of regenerated cellulose, usually transparent, employed primarily as a packaging material. Its low permeability to air, oils, greases, bacteria, and water makes it useful for food packaging.
As well as packaging a variety of food items, there are also industrial applications, such as a base for such self-adhesive tapes as Sellotape and Scotch Tape, a semi-permeable membrane in a certain type of battery, as dialysis tubing (Visking tubing), and as a release agent in the manufacture of fibreglass and rubber products. Cellophane is the most popular material for manufacturing cigar packaging; its permeability to moisture makes cellophane the perfect product for this application as cigars must be allowed to “breathe” while in storage.
FEATURE OF CELLOPHANE:
1. Low permeability to air, water, oil and bacteria
2. Semi-permeability to moisture helps ‘breathing’- preserving the natural flavour and aroma
3. Thin and transparent films that can be made in various designs and can be coloured, decorated for aesthetic preferences
20-60gsm. |. Transparent white, yellow, pink, red, blue, green, purple, orange
1. Clear transparency and glossy
2. Excellent printable and laminating
3. Degradable, environmentally friendly
4. Anti-static, easy tearing
5. Highly permeable to water vapor with a good barrier to flavours & aromas 6. Excellent dead-fold characteristics and twistability
Wrapping food, cookies, candy, sausage, meat, cigarette, medicine, tea, candle, battery, fireworks, flower, gift
High slip / Antistatic
Excellent Heat Sealing